Birds chirping, warm air, and the scent of rain can inspire us to hunker down and embark on spring cleaning. These top audiobooks will help the time fly by. Whether you are looking for the greatest reads of all time, best selling, or popular this year, there are plenty of books to treat your ears to. Swing by your library, listen on your smartphone or subscribe to a service like Audible. Here are our picks for the top audiobooks to binge!
Top Audiobooks to Make Spring Cleaning a Breeze
- Ready Player One – Before you run out to see the movie in theaters, perhaps you want to listen to this book written by Ernest Cline and read by Wil Wheaton. Those who are nostalgic for 1980s pop culture may be even more pulled into the story about a futuristic life yearning for the past.
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Available on Hulu as a critically acclaimed television show, The Handmaid’s Tale started out in novel form, authored by Margaret Atwood. Claire Danes reads the audiobook and lends additional feeling to the already dystopian feel of the novel.
- Born A Crime – Trevor Noah reads his own biography about growing up mixed-race in South Africa with an abusive father in struggling circumstances. This top audiobook teaches you the backstory of a man you once thought was just another funny talk show host.
- A Short History of Nearly Everything – Bill Bryson, the author of this top audiobook, gained popularity with his book about hiking the Appalachian Trail, A Walk in the Woods, but now he tries answering some of life’s toughest questions with a little humor sprinkled in.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone – J.K. Rowling’s classic gains new footing with its audiobook read by legendary Stephen Fry. Follow the magical life of Harry Potter as he begins school at Hogwarts learning to become a wizard.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People – Though this audiobook written by Dale Carnegie and read by Andrew MacMillan has been around for years, the messages of reaching for and accomplishing your goals remain the same. It’s a great choice for business people.
- Anne of Green Gables – This top audiobook was born a classic by L.M. Montgomery. Famous actress Rachel McAdams adds playful emotions to the whimsical story of a young girl’s life.
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz – While we’ve all seen the classic film with the Tin Man, Scarecrow, Lion, and Dorothy, this top audiobook by L. Frank Baum read by Anne Hathaway is still an entertaining option.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime – This fictional book by Mark Haddon that is performed by Ben Tibber digs into what it is like living with autism through examining a mysterious neighborhood dog’s murder.
- The Power of Habit: What We Do in Life and In Business – This top audiobook is another great choice for business people looking to listen and learn at the same time. Charles Duhigg writes and Mike Chamberlain reads this non-fiction book about setting beneficial life habits.
By: Diana Michel