HearUSA Hearing Aids
Want to know all there is to know about HearUSA hearing aids?
You’ve come to the right place.
This comprehensive guide covers different hearing aid types, features, reviews, and frequently asked questions about HearUSA.
Find out all there is to know, as well as a new, cost-effective alternative.
What are HearUSA Hearing Aids?
HearUSA is a leading provider of hearing healthcare services in the United States.
They offer a wide range of hearing aids to help people with hearing loss manage their condition and improve their quality of life.
Their hearing aids are some of the most technologically advanced on the market. Models include the latest features like Bluetooth connectivity, rechargeable batteries, and advanced noise-canceling capabilities.
Beyond hearing aids, HearUSA offers a wide range of hearing-related services. Services include hearing tests, hearing aid repairs and maintenance, custom earmolds and earplugs, and more.
Their network of over 1,500 locations across the United States. This makes it easy for people to find a HearUSA provider near them.
How to Purchase Hearing Aids from HearUSA
If you’re interested in purchasing hearing aids from HearUSA, you’ll need to make an appointment at one of their hearing centers.
Unfortunately, they don’t have the option to order or browse their products online. You need to go in-store for a visit. A visit includes a hearing screening with a professional and a personalized recommendation for hearing aids.
What Hearing Aid Products Does HearUSA Hearing Aids Offer?
HearUSA’s product line includes a range of digital hearing aids and those, especially for tinnitus and veterans. They also offer a variety of accessories to go along with their hearing aids, such as batteries, chargers, cases, and earmolds. Let’s go over the different types of hearing aids that HearUSA offers.
- Definition: A CIC hearing aid is a type of hearing aid that fits snugly inside your ear canal. It is the smallest type of hearing aid available on the market and is custom-made to fit each individual’s ear.
- Best for: CIC hearing aids are good for people who want a hearing aid that is small and inconspicuous. These hearing aids fit completely into the ear canal and are barely visible when worn. They are recommended for mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Pro: CIC hearing aids also have a lower profile than other types of hearing aids, making them less likely to catch on clothing or get snagged on hair.
- Con: One downside of CIC hearing aids is that they can be difficult to insert and remove from the ear. They also may not be suitable for people with certain types of ear canals.
- Definition: ITC hearing aids are one of the smallest types of hearing aids available but are larger than CIC models. They fit snugly in the canal of your ear which makes them less visible than other types of hearing aids.
- Best for: These models are one of the most popular types of hearing aids. ITC hearing aids are small and discreet, making them a good choice for people who are self-conscious about their hearing loss and those with mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Pro: Users can control volume with a small knob on the device, which can be helpful if you have trouble fine-tuning the sound with your finger.
- Con: ITC aids are small and discreet, but they also may not provide as much amplification as some other types of hearing aids.
- Definition: ITE hearing aids are custom-made to fit the contours of your outer ear. They come in two different styles, full shell (which fills the entirety of the bowl-shaped area of your outer ear) and half shell (which only fills the lower part).
- Best for: These hearing aids are most suitable for those with mild to severe hearing loss.
- Pro: They may include features that don’t fit on smaller hearing aids, such as a volume control.
- Con: Due to the directional microphones picking up noise, they may pick up more wind noise than other devices.
Open-Fit Behind-the-Ear (BTE)
- Definition: An open-fit BTE hearing aid is a type of hearing aid that sits behind your ear and has a small tube that goes into your ear canal.
- Best for: They are appropriate for people of all ages and almost any type of hearing loss.
- Pro: The advantage of an open-fit BTE hearing aid is that it doesn’t block your ear canal, so you can still hear low-frequency sounds.
- Con: Some people find that these types of hearing aids can be uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time.
How Much Do HearUSA Hearing Aids Cost?
The cost of HearUSA hearing aids varies depending on the type of hearing aid you choose. Although they don’t offer transparent pricing, their member page provides a brief overview of the costs of their hearing aids:
- Basic Digital Hearing Aid – $995
- Value Digital Hearing Aid – $1300
- Mid-Level Digital Hearing Aid – $1600
- Advanced Digital Hearing Aid – $1995
- Premium Digital Hearing Aid – $2500
HearUSA Hearing Aid Reviews
On the Better Business Bureau, reviews mention poor quality for the price. They also mention costs associated with replacement as well as inefficiencies with the service and product.
One reviewer, Joan H. wrote:
“The quality is not great. They cost $2000 each and if you want better quality for watching tv or in a crowded area it is another $1000. I was told If I lost one of them would be replaced for free. It happened and they wanted $250 to replace it. Would not buy from them again.”
Common Complaints About HearUSA Hearing Aids
While HearUSA’s hearing aids are generally well-reviewed, some users raise complaints.
One complaint is that their customer service is not always responsive or helpful. This can be a problem when people need to get their hearing aids repaired or replaced, as it can take a long time to get a response from HearUSA’s customer service team.
Another complaint is that HearUSA’s hearing aids are very expensive. This is a common issue with hearing aids in general, but it can be a particularly big problem for people on a tight budget.
Finally, some people have complained that the products are not always reliable. This can be a major problem for people who rely on their hearing aids in their everyday lives.
Pros and Cons of HearUSA Hearing Aids
There are many potential drawbacks and benefits to using HearUSA hearing aids.
- Accepts most insurance plans: HearUSA accepts most major insurance plans, which can help offset the cost of your hearing aids.
- Risk-free trial period: They also offer a risk-free, 30-day trial period on all hearing aids, so you can make sure they’re the right fit for you before you commit to purchase.
- Help along the way: When you’ve settled on a purchase, HearUSA provides a free consultation and assessment of your hearing health, a personalized fitting, and free cleaning and adjustments.
- Non-transparent pricing: The company does not publicly list pricing for its products and services on its website, instead requiring customers to contact a local office for a quote. This lack of pricing transparency could make it difficult to comparison shop for the best deal on hearing aids.
- Poor battery life: Some people find that they need to replace their batteries more often than with other brands of hearing aids.
- In-person purchases only: You’ll need to visit a HearUSA location or call customer service to place an order for hearing aids. This can be inconvenient if you’re not able to visit a location in person.
- Limited warranty: HearUSA only offers a one-year warranty on their hearing aids, which is shorter than the average warranty offered by other companies.
Audicus Hearing Aids Compared to HearUSA Hearing Aids
If you’re looking for an alternative to HearUSA hearing aids, Audicus is a complete hearing health company that seeks to break barriers to hearing health. We emphasize on providing innovative, high-quality, and affordable hearing aids that are easily accessible to all.
- Better value: We have a comprehensive hearing aid lineup that includes high-tech hearing aids that can be purchased at a lower cost than HearUSA aids.
- Unlimited, comprehensive support: Audicus Hearing Aids provides free lifetime support and dedicated representatives for each customer.
- Simplicity: We make it easy to get hearing aids, with no “jumping through hoops” or unexpected service fees. With our direct-to-customer approach, you can either order online or over the phone, and get the hearing aids shipped directly to your door.
- Real-time, remote support: Unlike HearUSA, there’s no need for in-person visits or scheduled appointments to get support. Simply pick up the phone or send an email.
Benefits of Audicus Hearing Aids
Audicus hearing aids come with a wealth of benefits including:
- Innovative features: Users can take advantage of the regular introduction of new features, such as adaptive-directional microphones and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Long battery life: Audicus hearing aids come with rechargeable, high-density lithium batteries that last for days before requiring recharging
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are a few frequently asked questions about HearUSA and its hearing aids:
How much are HearUSA hearing aids?
Hearing aid prices vary depending on the specific model and features. You can get a general idea of pricing by visiting HearUSA’s website and browsing their selection of hearing aids.
Who makes HearUSA hearing aids?
Their hearing aids are made by a variety of different manufacturers, including some of the biggest names in the industry like Oticon, Phonak, Siemens, and Starkey.
Does HearUSA have a location near me?
HearUSA has over 1,500 locations across the United States. To find a location near you, visit their website and use their “Find a Provider” tool.
Does HearUSA offer coupons?
There are occasionally coupons and discounts on hearing aids and other products and services advertised on their website and in their email newsletter.
Are HearUSA hearing aids a rip-off?
As a leading hearing healthcare service provider in the United States, their products are considered some of the most technologically advanced on the market. To suit different needs and preferences, they offer a wide range of hearing aid styles and features to suit different needs and budgets, and their prices are very competitive with other leading brands.