What are Free-trial Hearing Aids?
Free trial hearing aids are commitment-free hearing aids you can “try out” for a set period of time. If the hearing aids don’t work out, you have the option to return them for a full refund.
Here are the basics:
- Various companies offer a free-trial period of hearing aids you can try in the comfort of your home, to see if the hearing aid is right for you.
- There is no obligation. If your hearing aid is unsuitable, you can return it at no cost. Just make sure you return the hearing aid in the same condition as when you received it.
- You must return your hearing aid during the free-trial period to get your money back.
Benefits of Hearing Aid Trials
Having a window of opportunity to try out your hearing aids without commitment has some clear advantages. We go over the main benefits below:
- Risk-free: If you don’t like your hearing aid, you can return it at no charge to you.
- Better chance at finding the right product for you: You may realize a different hearing aid type is a better fit for your needs during your trial. You can swap your hearing aid out for a different style or type.
- Improved satisfaction: during a trial period, your support team is incentivized to invest tons of time into training and supporting you as you learn to use your new hearing aids to ensure you get the most out of your product.
- Low-pressure troubleshooting: With the help of specialists, you can test out your hearing aids after adjustments and troubleshooting. If your hearing aids still don’t work as well as you hoped after tweaking them to your individual needs, you can return the product.
How to Get Free-trial Hearing Aids
Qualifying for a free-trial hearing aid requires a few steps:
- Complete a comprehensive hearing test. There are various online hearing tests available from different companies. You learn about your hearing in a matter of minutes.
- Review your hearing test results. Your results come with a recommended treatment plan and a suggested hearing aid model appropriate for your specific level of hearing loss.
- Purchase your hearing aids.
- Test your hearing aids out during your trial period. During the trial period, support is available to you to help guide you through the onboarding process.
- Choose to keep or return your hearing aids.
How Long is the Trial Period for Hearing Aids?
This varies between companies. The length of time can include:
- 1 week.
- 2 weeks.
- 10 days.
- 20 to 30 days.
- 45 days.
Popular time frames are between 30 and 45 days. Audicus Hearing allows 45-days to try out your hearing aids at no charge to you.
Making the Most of Your Free Hearing Aid Trial
The following is recommended during your hearing aids trial period:
- Test your hearing aids out in different environments. Some examples of diverse environments to see how well your hearing works in are sports games, shopping centers, restaurants, movie theatres, and walking around outdoors.
- Take care of any adjustments you need.
- Work with support if you need help with fitting.
- Practice patience as your brain adjusts to your new hearing aids.
The Adjustment Period During Your Hearing Aid Trial
Studies have indicated that because hearing is closely connected to brain function as one of the 5 senses, the brain may take some time to adjust to the hearing aid.
One day or one week is not enough time to adjust to your hearing aids. We recommend giving yourself 30 to 45 days to fully adjust.
During this time, it’s important to wear your hearing aids as much as possible. For best results, only take your hearing aids out when you go to bed. If you do not wear your hearing aids throughout the day, your brain will have difficulty adjusting.
Want to Try Hearing Aids Free for 45-days?
Try out Audicus hearing aids in the comfort of your own home with a money-back guarantee. Only keep them if you love them.
Return Policy for Hearing Aid Trials
At Audicus Hearing, we realize that purchasing a hearing aid is a major decision.
We want you to be happy with the hearing aid you buy. For this reason, we offer a free hearing aid trial for 45-days in the privacy of your home.
If you decide that the device is not to your liking, you can return it for a 100% refund, if returned in the free-trial window. Funds will typically be returned within 3 weeks.
There are no hidden charges.