Isn’t it about time you took a break to reconnect with your best friends? These lifelong friendships should be celebrated and cherished through good food, adventures, and laughs. Take a look at these cities, and start planning your next girls’ trip!
If you like the outdoors, take a girls’ trip to…
- Burlington, Vermont – This city is well-known for its skiing, lake sports, hiking, and biking, so look no further for a great outdoor destination. Lake Champlain may be the largest feature of the area, so rent a kayak and head out on the water. As a bonus, eat some Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in their hometown.
- Sedona, Arizona – Sedona is bordered by 1.8 million acres of wilderness, national parks, and beautiful natural landmarks. Their famous red rocks are perfect for climbing if you are feeling up to a challenge, or you can walk along the numerous paths for a breathtaking view of the amazing colors and features unique to the southwest.
If you like live music, take a girls’ trip to…
- New Orleans, Louisiana – Even when it’s not Mardi Gras, New Orleans knows how to put on a good show. Known for its rich history in the jazz movement, New Orleans boasts itself as the producer of the likes of Louis Armstrong, Trombone Shorty, and Allen Toussaint. Before you plan a trip, check to see if there are any fun events or parades happening.
- Nashville, Tennessee – Known as “Music City,” Nashville is the home to the Country Music Hall of Fame and RCA Studios where Elvis recorded his music. If you’re a honky tonk or country music fan, there are plenty of venues and bars that will provide you an opportunity to hear live music and start dancing with your friends.
If you like American history, take a girls’ trip to…
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – The birthplace of the US holds such historic landmarks as the Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross House, and Independence Hall. In this city of brotherly love you can also visit the first presidential home, Benjamin Franklin’s gravestone, and a museum dedicated to the American Revolution.
- Williamsburg, Virginia – Over 4 centuries ago, Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown were hosts to the first US colonies. Fast-forward to today, and you can visit the charming towns to get a feel for what life was like back then. With modern attractions available, Williamsburg and the surrounding areas make perfect locations to reconnect with friends with a side of history lessons.
If you like to eat and drink, take a girls’ trip to…
- Charlotte, North Carolina – Get your mouth watering with the food of Charlotte. Whether it’s sweet and spicy BBQ, authentic Italian dishes, or savory French breakfast food, this city provides food favorites for everyone in your group.
- Napa Valley, California – Of course you know Napa Valley for its wine tours, but did you know you could also take cooking classes, sample olive oils, and visit breweries? The stunning scenery of the California coast is enough to draw you to visit, but the food and drink available make Napa Valley great for women who like to indulge in the finer things in life.
What are you waiting for? Start planning your next girls’ trip today !
By: Diana Michel
Sources: Trips to Discover, Visit Sedona, New Oreleans.com, Visit Music City, Visit Philly, Visit Williamsburg, Charlotte’s Got a Lot, Visit Napa Valley